October 12, 2016

Turkey Meatloaf Muffins


Ok, who doesn't love meatloaf in fall? Meatloaf is my easy go to in the cooler months, when I don't bbq as much. That and I went to Costco and bought the ground turkey 3 pack, and put them in the freezer. Then went back 2 weeks later and bought them again. Yup, sure did. And to make it even better, I only have the freezer that's in my fridge. So you can imagine the falling packs of meat every time anyone opens the freezer door. It's time to make something out of them.

I wanted to make ground turkey meatloaf and saw an idea to put cheese in the middle and make them in muffin tins. Easy peasy! So today when I was out, I grabbed some Jalapeno Gouda, from our Bulk Cheese Warehouse. If you're ever in Saskatoon, you have to check out this place. It is amazeballs, and has every kind of cheese you can imagine!! Love it!! 

Recipe for Turkey Meatloaf Muffins

2 packs of ground turkey
½ cup oatmeal (I like whole flake)
1 egg
1 tsp minced garlic
½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 chopped green onions (could use white)
salt and pepper

½ cup cheese 
1 cup tomato sauce

1. Place Cheese and tomato sauce aside, then mix remaining ingredients in bowl.

2. Cut cheese into 1 inch cubes

3. Form meat into balls, place cheese in center and put in muffin tin

4. Bake at 420 for 20 minutes, remove and spoon tomato sauce on top, then bake for 8 more minutes.

That's it. It took less then 15 minutes to prep these delicious bites.


Ready for the oven.


Perfectly cooked and ready to eat! Those look so delish.



Total side note, we have snow! Never in my life have I ever seen snow at this time of year. I guess there's a first for everything. Time to pull out the boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hope you enjoyed my blog!! Please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you.

xo Tabs